Making Perfect Coffee
Making good coffee at home is easy if you use the finest beans or freshly ground coffee and the best equipment you can find that works well for you. So that you can enjoy Grumpy Mule at its best, here’s a guide on how to make the perfect coffee at home.
Barista’s best tips:
- Keep all coffee brewing equipment spotlessly clean to avoid tainting the aroma and flavours of the coffee.
- Use freshly drawn or, ideally, filtered water for the best results. Mineral water can distort the flavour of the coffee so is best avoided.
- Allow the heated water to come off the boil before brewing otherwise the flavours will become scalded (around 92°C is the best temperature for coffee).
- Once brewed or extracted, coffee should be served immediately.
- Do not allow coffee to stand for long on a hot-plate otherwise it will impart a bitter taste into the brew. Store in a vacuum flask if you want to keep the coffee for a longer period.